We all need a little personal space to get away from it all, to be alone with our thoughts or to stretch out and enjoy a good book. But when that alone time becomes excessive, there’s an enhanced risk for social isolation – a too-often occurrence in aging. And its effects are more harmful than you may realize, with the potential to impact both physical and mental health in many different ways.
Research has shown that socializing:
- Reduces risk of disability
- Reduces pain and depression
- Protects the brain from mental decline
- Increases the quality and length of life
In-home caregivers, such as those at Best Senior Home Care, can help your senior loved ones stay social and protect their health by:
- Encouraging attendance and providing transportation and accompaniment to social outings such as club meetings, community events such as fairs, holiday activities and parades, plays, concerts, and sporting events, religious services and church events
- Playing interactive games with them such as cards, board games, and Nintendo Wii
- Arranging for visits with friends and neighbors
- Providing transportation to an adult day facility or a low impact exercise class
- Providing friendly companionship during family celebrations or vacations for maximum comfort and safety
Help your senior loved ones become more socially engaged and improve their health by enlisting the caring, professional New York home care services of Best Senior Home Care. Whether your needs are long-term and ongoing, or if you just need a little temporary extra assistance, your loved one will be carefully matched with a compassionate, fully trained and experienced caregiver. Learn more about our in-home care services by calling us any time at 917-880-9373, or by completing our online contact form.