Countless families are caught unaware by a sudden care need. Luckily, you don’t have to be one of them. There are plenty of things you can do now to create a working plan for both long-term home care needs and emergency situations.
If you are going to be responsible for your parent’s care, here are a few documents you will want to keep handy, in a safe spot.
- Birth certificate/adoption records
- Marriage certificates
- Divorce decrees
- Death certificates
- Military discharge
- Advance directives (primary care physician, hospital, and individual should have copies)
- Retirement and pension policies, including the names of beneficiaries
- Insurance policies
- Bank accounts and pass books
Also, it is important to gather and review pertinent information such as:
- Doctors’ names, addresses and phone numbers
- Prescription and non-prescription medications taken
- Social Security numbers, medical record numbers and military ID numbers
- Informal support resource names, addresses and phone numbers
Best Senior Home Care can help you cope with an unexpected care need, helping seniors at home with in home care and companion care services in Queens, Fresh Meadows, Whitestone, Forest Hills, Little Neck, Auburndale, Queens Village, Bellerose, Manhattan and the surrounding areas. For more information about our services, including professional Alzheimer’s and dementia care, please call us at 917-880-9373. Let our top rated senior care services help you and your loved ones today.